Wednesday, May 07, 2008

My Cub Scouts' Mother's Day Project

Well, I wanted to come up with something original for my cub scouts to make for their mothers for Mother's day this year. I decided to make "posey pins". First, I bought a box of mini bubble wands at Michael's. They are intended for weddings.

Next, I had my husband cut them down with this little saw he has, down to about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long.

Next, we stuck on an adhesive pin-back, smeared tacky glue all over the rest of the bottle, rolled it in tiny glass seed beads, then rolled it in a good quality glitter (Martha Stewart from Michael's), and let them dry.

After they dried, we tied ribbon around them, and on Mother's day, the boys are instructed to go cut a flower from their yard (or have Dad buy a bouquet), and you put a little water in it with the flower, and Mom has a wearable vase, rather than corsage!
The boys had fun making them, and I think Mom will actually like to wear it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: