Thursday, May 27, 2010

...this is the Best BBQ Chicken Breast EVER!

I've been making this chicken for years.  I got the recipe out of magazine, and it's truly the best BBQ Chicken I've ever eaten.  I go through spurts where I make it a lot, usually the beginning of summer, then I forget about it for a while.  The cooking method is pretty specific, but if you follow it exactly you will have juicy delicious chicken!!!  I'm making this Saturday for Paige's graduation BBQ, so I'll add a picture to this post later!


Oh So Yummy Barbequed Chicken Breast

½ c. soy sauce

¼ c. vegetable oil

¼ c. red wine vinegar

1 tsp. dried oregano

½ tsp. dried basil

½ tsp. garlic powder with parsley

¼ tsp. ground black pepper

6-8 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts



Glaze



¾ c. catsup

¾ c. honey

½ c. soy sauce

3 minced garlic cloves

¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce



In a medium size bowl, combine first 7 ingredients for marinade. Put marinade and breasts in Ziploc, refrigerate at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Combine all ingredients for glaze, set aside covered. Grill chicken over hot coals about 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from grill, wrap in a single layer of aluminum foil, and grill for 5 minutes more. Remove foil packet from heat, brush each side with glaze, and return unwrapped pieces to the grill for 2 minutes more without turning. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd recognize that recipe anywhere! Family Fun's Grill Cook Off story from a million years ago - I still make that all the time too!

Side note - I tried all the other recipes in the same story and have never made any of the other ones even twice.

Kimberly Harvey said...

Yes, Jen, and do you know they haven't had it on their website for years and years? I lost the recipe for a while, and since I found it again I guard it with my life. That's one reason I posted it here, so I'll have it somewhere else!

Lauren said...

This looked so good that I made it for dinner tonight and everyone loved it. It makes so much glaze. Do you put some of the glaze aside for dipping later?

Kimberly Harvey said...

Well, I pour quite a bit on it in the foil at the end, but I do pour the leftover sauce (from the bowl and from the foil) over the chicken on the plate. Isn't it super moist and flavorful? We love it too.